The Scorpio Full Moon will take place on May 5th and the same day we’ll also have a penumbral Lunar Eclipse. This means that the Earth will be between the Moon and the Sun, producing a partial shadow on the Moon. During this period we might feel more emotional as lunar eclipses can impact our feelings and our relationships.
Some emotions that were developing in our heart can start to be revealed. It will be an impulse to take action and to express our true feelings. We come from the Aries New Moon and a Solar Eclipse that already invited us to make a move with trust and confidence, a period that pushed us to finish projects, evolve to a next level of consciousness and the transformation of our personal relationships to create healthier and positive connections.
Scorpio Full Moon’s energy continues this movement and can involve more personal and professional changes. Here you'll find out everything you need to know to use this enthusiastic energy in your favor with the best rituals and crystals for Scorpio Full Moon.
What’s this Full Moon all about?
May’s Full Moon is also known as Flower Full Moon and it’s associated with fertility and growth. Its name originated from the abundance of flowers that bloom in May. This is an exciting time of the year when the stars align to bring dynamic energy to those who are willing to tune into it. The Scorpio Full Moon encourages you to use this energy for your personal growth and to make positive readjustments in your life.
This Full Moon can give you more confidence to believe in yourself. You might feel it as an intense, positive and passionate energy, making of this period a great time for deep transformations and healing, a moment to look within and to access the depths of your being.
The symbol of Scorpio is the scorpion and symbolizes intensity, transformation, passion and the ability to survive, adapt and transcend any situation. This is also a zodiac sign of strength, determination and courage. The Full Moon in Scorpio can have both positive and negative effects as emotions will have a tremendous power. On the positive side, this energy can help us to tap into our inner power, to make decisions and move forward. Scorpio is deeply emotional and powerful, that’s why its influence can make you feel a strong desire to make changes and take risks. On the negative side, the intensity of this energy can bring to light hidden doubts, fears and impulsive reactions. It’s important to take time to process and channel this energy in a positive way.
You can do some of the rituals below (or all of them!) to make work this powerful energetic rise to your highest good!
Things to do this Full Moon
The Scorpio Full Moon invites us to self-reflection and transformation. It offers us the opportunity to face our fears and let go of what no longer serves us.
• Release Ritual: the night of the Scorpio Full Moon, find a quiet place where you can be alone. Take a few moments to reflect on what you would like to let go of in your life. Write down these thoughts on paper and then burn it in a safe place, letting the smoke help you fade all those things out of your life.
• New Life Ritual: after releasing what no longer serves you, a space is empty and needs to be filled with something positive. Set your new goals, beliefs and thoughts for what you would like to create in your life. Write down your intentions on a piece of paper and then place it in a special box. As you close the lid, imagine your intentions taking form and manifesting in the world.
• Take a Cleansing Bath: if you have a bathtub, draw yourself a warm bath and fill it with salts and essential oils. If you don't have it, you can still take a special shower. Use an aromatic soap or put some eucalyptus leaves in the shower, the steam will give off a pleasant aroma. Play your favorite music and imagine the water washing away any dense energy from your body and spirit. I love to burn incense while in the tub and surround myself with my favorite bath crystals.
• Connect with the Stars: on the night of the Scorpio Full Moon, take some time to go outside to see the sky. Imagine the energy of the Moon and the stars connecting with your own energy and providing you insight and guidance.
• Charge your crystals: you already know it! The moment to cleanse and charge your crystals with the moonlight have arrived! You can read all about that here.
Recommended Crystals for this Full Moon
In addition to my foundational full moon crystal set, these crystals can help you work with the energy of the Scorpio Full Moon:
• Fluorite: this crystal can bring clarity, peace and emotional balance. Fluorite will also help you to transform any negative or dense energy. It is also known for increasing focus and concentration. Wearing it is my favorite way to absorb the benefits.
• Malachite: this green with black stone brings mental clarity and focus. Malachite can help to manifest adventures, positive changes and abstract abundance to your life.
• Blue Lace Agate: this stone will bring peace to your emotions. It is also known to increase loving communications and understanding.
Now you can embrace your emotions and be ready for a positive transformation during the Scorpio Full Moon!