1 tsp. ground fennel seed
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup white wine
8 oz. uncookedwhole grain penne pasta (Or you can use Quinoa pasta!)
1/4 cup (1 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and rub over chicken.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic; saute 30 seconds or until garlic is soft. Add tomatoes and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, and simmer 5 minutes.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
5. Toss pasta with sauce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and fresh basil.