2-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
1-1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 4)
1-1/4 cups chopped celery (about 3)
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 cups (64 oz) low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
3 cups peeled diced potatoes (about 3 medium)
1/3 cups chopped fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
1-1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
1 cup frozen or fresh peas
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
4. Pour in broth and add tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 - 30 minutes.
7. Add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer.
8. Serve warm.
*Tip: Add 1/2 cup Brown Rice for a more filling meal.